Thursday, December 12, 2013

Uri and Walt / Walt and Uri…



U.K. journalist Iris Mansour visited San Francisco carrying a family souvenir. It was a spoon bent for her mom, in the 1980’s by infamous psychic Uri Geller, autographed and dated by Uri. Her question: “Does anyone have this power today?”

The fascinating Iris met me in the lounge of the Chancellor Hotel to tell her story. Could I paranormally unbend her spoon? Why, I asked, would anyone want to ruin a coveted family heirloom? But, I knew I could create a companion piece to keep the Geller spoon company.

Iris dug a U.S. Quarter out of her purse and held the coin between her palms. I placed one of my hands a few inches over, and one under, her tightly closed hands. She felt some warmth, then more, then even heat!

She dropped her very own coin on the granite table! It was bent into a half moon… like her spoon! She was agog, amazed, startled, and pleased to have experienced mind-over-matter first hand (in her own hand) and told me the coin would have an honored place in the family curio cabinet next to the prized spoon. Thanks for the opportunity Iris!


No comments:

Post a Comment