Friday, November 2, 2012

A cozy, friendly little salon…

What marvelous alchemy! Last night was one of those evenings where everything “clicked.” Each of my dozen guests were wonderful, they partied, they mingled, we shared, we laughed, and everyone went home feeling good.. and glad they came.

As an important component of my concept for the Parlor I wanted to create a relaxed homey atmosphere. I envisioned a welcoming room where everyone quickly got to know everyone, where the audience were not “spectators” but became friends of mine… and got to know one another over a glass of wine.

Exactly if I was hosting a soiree in my house. Greeting my guests at the door, finding out who they are, what they like, what’s going on in their lives, their expectations for the evening, and what interests brought them to the Parlor.

No comments:

Post a Comment