Sunday, November 25, 2012

'Tis the wild and bleak shopping seaon on Union Square...


Black Friday / White Saturday. I generally give generalities about my shows. This weekend was such a striking contrast I want to spill the beans.

Black Friday’s show was d-a-r-k black. Two, yeah two, of the audience members laughed, gasped, clapped. The other twenty sat and stared in abject silence. Not a peep. Not a change in expression.

I tapped dance the best I knew how apparently to no avail… five folks fled at intermission. I wanted to close the Parlor for good…

Last night? twenty-five huge grins, giggles, interactions, extended applause… some folks asked for more. I had a fantastic time, loved everyone of them, and want to take them all to brunch.

How ‘dat happen??? A mystery of show-biz. I was deeply disturbed and appalled at the a gloom in the room Friday, I celebrated Saturday on a huge high. But now, on to new adventures next week. Join me and share the surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment